Here is a list of holidays that I’ve seen modern Kemetics celebrate. I have broken the list up into completely modern holidays (aka they did not exist in antiquity) and ancient holidays that are celebrated in modern ways. If you have a holiday to add to this list or a write up of a holiday experience you have had that you would like included, please let me know!
- Balls Day (Feb 14)
- The Day the Whoopie Cushions Were Given to Heru Wer (Feb 19)
- Geb Day (April 22)
- Dick Day (May 1)
- Moomas (Dec 25)
- Dickmas (Dec 25)
- All Jackals Eve (Dec 24)
- Herishefgiving (Last Thursday of November)
- Chocolate Feast of Wenut
- A Day of Tinkering and Tidying (Feb 29)
- Day of Stomping Mud for Thoth (every Dark Moon)
Holidays From Antiquity
- Wep Ronpet (date varies, early August)
- Wag Festival (date varies, late August, early Sept)
- Opet (date varies, Sept to early Oct)
- Osirian Mysteries (date varies, late November)
- Chewing Onions for Bast (Spring)
- Feast of the Beautiful Reunion (date varies, early summer)
- Feast of the Two Lands (date varies, late January)
- Sekmet’s Procession with her Executioners (date varies, early Jan) (and again)
- Sailing of Sekhmet (date varies, late December)
- Festivals of Wpwt
Links for Making Your Own Calendar
- Kemetic Calendars and Holidays (KRT)
- Negotiating Holidays (KRT)
- Making a Religious Calendar Around Food
May 1, 2014 at 1:40 pm
I have festivals to Aset listed here: http://fiercelybrightone.wordpress.com/about/festival-calendar/.
And for Nebet Het here: http://fiercelybrightone.wordpress.com/about-nebet-het/festivals-of-nebet-het/
I also have a write up for the Rhodophoria here: http://fiercelybrightone.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/rhodophoriarosalia-festival/
Feel free to add them to your list if you feel they are appropriate.
May 1, 2014 at 7:53 pm
Curious- do you have any writeups of your experiences doing any of the holidays? I’m trying to avoid the mundane list of “this date was celebrated on this old calendar that we don’t use anymore”, otherwise, I’d just C&P KO’s calendar and call it a day, if you get what I mean.
I can certainly create a section to link to the lists of holidays (I’ve got a few lists on tumblr for Thoth, f’ex), but if you’ve got any posts about how you celebrated said holidays (Like the Rosalia one), I’d love those even more :3
May 1, 2014 at 8:15 pm
Ah. Yes, of course. I have this post about Valentine’s Day here: http://fiercelybrightone.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/valentines-day/.
Here is Pharia and Rhodophoria: http://fiercelybrightone.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/pharia-and-rhodophoria/
And Aset’s Festivals for April: http://fiercelybrightone.wordpress.com/2014/03/28/asets-festivals-for-april/.
I wish I had a camera that worked. Then I would put up pictures!
May 3, 2014 at 1:07 pm
Cool :3 Hopefully I can get off my lazy butt this weekend and set up the links to your stuff :> Thanks for adding to the list!
October 16, 2014 at 9:49 pm
is there any way you can make these into a Google calendar or a calendar of some kind? thanks! 🙂
October 17, 2014 at 9:03 am
It wouldn’t really work, considering that most of the time frames listed are just generalized days of the year. I don’t have specific dates for most of these holidays, unfortunately.
July 26, 2020 at 9:19 pm
Did your blog get hacked? Look at the words in the posts? What happened to it?
November 7, 2020 at 1:09 pm
The page looks fine to me. We got a lot of genitals in our holidays, what can I say.